Dura-Grit 1-1/4" Carbide Cutting / Shapping Wheel
Cut, Shape and Finish all with 1 tool!
CS4 - Carbide Cutting/Shaping Wheel. 1-1/4” (32mm)
The 1-1/4” CS4 is a strong and durable steel wheel, with aggressive 60 grit carbide on the edge and one face. Perform both cutting and shaping functions with the same tool; for example, cut and fit laminate floor & trim, create pockets in the jamb for a door strike (without splitting as with chisels), groove and bevel panels - all without having to change bits!
1-1/4" Carbide Cutting/Shaping Wheel.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Cuts, shapes & finishes in one operation.
- Mounted on an extra strong, steel mandrel (ESM)
- #60 carbide grit coating on the edge and face of the wheel.
- Use the edge for making up to 1/2” deep cuts.
- Use the face of the wheel to shape, sculpt and hollow.
- Can be ‘pushed’ perpendicular to the shaft to create pockets and hollows.
- Minimal chipping on finished surfaces such as fibreglass and/or melamine
- Very strong steel wheel. Won’t shatter.
- Grit won’t tear loose.
Cuts clean and quickly on the following materials:
- Hard and soft woods
- MDF, Oak & Pine molding
- Carbon Fibre
- ABS plumbing
- Rigid and flex PVC piping
- Rubber hose
- Plastic garden hose
- Engineered wood floor (up to 5/8” thick)
- Laminate ‘click’ floor
- and more!
- (Not recommended for use on metal)
Versatile D.I.Y. cutting and shaping tool
- Cut-off and shape planks & dowels
- Trim wood/fibreglass/plastic/carbon-fibre and composites up to 1/2” thick
- ‘Push/grind’ and create ‘pockets’ for door strike plungers and deadbolts
- Cut out air register apertures in laminate ‘click’ floor
- ‘Cope’ Mitred baseboard corners
- Cut-off ABS and PVC plumbing pipes, plastic gutters and rubber hoses
- Create slots and pockets in wood cabinets, boxes, gourds etc
- Create bevels on wood or even marble trophy bases
- Cut ‘V’ channels and grooves
- and more!
Diameter: 1-1/4" (32mm)
Depth of Cut: 1/2" (13mm)
Kerf: 0.064" (1.62mm)
Extra Strength Mandrel: 1/8" (3mm)
Grit Grades: Available in 60 grit
Shipping costs for Australian residents will be charged at checkout. If you are a customer from outside Australia please contact us for a postage cost and we will happy supply you with the international postage cost.